Stunning Hardwood Flooring in Leesburg, VA
Hardwood is a long-lasting, timeless flooring choice in any home. Hardwood flooring adds character, color, and visual interest to your home, while also raising the value of your property. But with so many options to choose from, it can be hard to decide which flooring is right for your needs.
Floor Advisor in Leesburg, VA, is more than just another flooring company. We’re there for you through every step of the process from flooring selection to installation. We provide comprehensive consultation services that assess the unique needs of your home, including your budget, décor choices, and the lifestyle of you and your family.
The Benefits of Investing in Hardwood Flooring
When you’re ready for a change to your home’s flooring, there are several reasons you may want to consider hardwood. Hardwood has a number of advantages over other flooring options, and with such a wide range of wood species, patterns, and finishes, you’re guaranteed to find the right hardwood floor for the needs of your home.
The benefits of hardwood flooring include:
- Stunning appearance: Hardwood floors enhance the look of your home by offering a touch of elegance, warmth, and timelessness to any space. With so many colors, styles, stains, and species available, there’s no place that can’t benefit from classic hardwood flooring.
- Low maintenance: Hardwood flooring can be swept, steamed, or vacuumed, and because there are no fibers, you’ll never have to worry about stains, dust, allergens, or mites in your floor.
- Durability: Quality hardwood flooring is manufactured and finished to high standards that can take a beating. Wood flooring is a great option for workspaces and areas that see heavy traffic. If the floor does become dented, scratched, or nicked, you can refinish the wood to restore the floor to its former glory.
- Increased home value: The majority of homebuyers are likely to remove existing carpet from a new home. A home with existing hardwood floors is most likely to sell for a higher price point, as buyers won’t need to worry about carpet removal.
- Improved air quality: Because it doesn’t have fibers or grout lines that trap dirt and debris, hardwood flooring is a great way to maintain good air quality in your home. Wood flooring is a stellar choice for those that suffer from allergies.
Preparing for Installation Day
To ensure your hardwood floor installation goes smoothly and efficiently, there are a few steps you can take to prepare for the big day. Make sure you decide if your installer will be removing your existing floor or if you’ll be handling it yourself. Move any furniture or décor out of the rooms that the floor will be installed in. Move small items, including those in drawers, out of the rooms that the floor will be installed in. You’ll also want to check door clearances and make any necessary plans to adjust your doors if your new flooring will be thicker than the existing flooring.
When our expert installation technicians arrive, they will:
- Evaluate your current floor and subflooring to determine whether we can install over your existing floor or if we’ll need to remove it.
- Evaluate your subflooring to determine if any leveling, adjustment, or replacement is needed.
- Perform moisture testing it ensure your new floor won’t cup, buckle, or develop gaps.
- Utilize state-of-the-art tools and equipment to place and secure your new floorboards.
Be sure to give Floor Advisor a call prior to your scheduled installation date to find out if there are any case-specific actions that need to be addressed before you arrive. Our helpful staff will walk you through the process and help you ensure that everything is ready to go for your new hardwood floor installation. Contact us today to learn how we can help you with stunning wood flooring!
Your Flooring Partner From Start to Finish
Not sure where to start? Floor Advisor is more than just another flooring store. We work side by side with you to assess the unique needs of you and your home, making knowledgeable recommendations on the best hardwood flooring options for your circumstances. During your complimentary consultation, our team will help you try samples in your home, take accurate measurements, and provide a complete price breakdown of your installation quote. You’ll never be left wondering!
Sanding and refinishing is a very effective and economical way to make your existing wood floors new again. You can change the stain, making it darker or lighter, or just simply make it new again. We use the latest “dustless” equipment, which collects most of the dust, creating minimal dust mess. Sanding & refinishing requires an experienced crew to accomplish a smooth and even surface. We pride ourselves in using the best equipment possible operated by very experienced crews. The recommended application of 2 oil-based polyurethane coats (or 3 water-based coats) can last 20 – 25 years. For a longer lasting floor finish, you can add an additional coat, taking the potential life of to 25 – 30 years. This is based on normal household traffic. Contact us for more information.