Carpet Services in Alexandria, VA
Are there specific features you’re looking for to meet your lifestyle needs?
Navigating the process from start to finish can be overwhelming. In order to make your experience a positive one, look no further than the flooring experts at Floor Advisor. We’ll help you assess the needs of your home, make great recommendations, and provide a detailed breakdown of what to expect from the installation process.
Find the Right Carpet for Your Home
Carpeting is a great flooring option that dampens noise and provides warmth and comfort at an economical price point. Carpet comes in a wide variety of styles, patterns, and colors, and it can be difficult to know where to start. When you partner with Floor Advisor, we’ll help you choose the right type and style of carpet that suits your style and your needs.
Our expert team will guide you through a number of carpet types, including:
- Fiber type: The most common carpet fiber types include nylon, polyester, olefin, and Triexta. Nylon and Triexta are popular choices for durability and stain resistance.
- Carpet construction: There are many factors that go into the overall durability, appearance, and price of your carpet. These may include the twist, which refers to how tightly the fiber is twisted, and the density, which refers to the volume and how tightly the fibers are placed.
- Carpet texture: The texture of your carpet also plays a part in its final appearance and durability. Cut pile is made up of yarns cut at the ends. Loop carpet remains uncut, providing various levels of pile height and durability. Cut-loop is a combination of the two, typically used to produce stunning, sculpted patterns.
- Color options: Most carpet is colored through one of two processes. In solution dyeing, the fiber is dyed before being woven. Continuous dyeing is done during the post-tufting process. Our team will help you choose the best dye process and colors that match your décor and lifestyle needs.
During your in-home consultation with us, we’ll provide you with a complete breakdown of the cost and the installation process. You’ll be able to try floor samples in your home, which means you’ll have a better idea of the finished look.
What to Expect From Your Carpet Installation
After you’ve met with our consultation crew, it’s time to start thinking about installation day. Here’s a basic rundown of what to expect when our installation technicians arrive at your home.
- Carpet can be installed over most smooth surfaces. Our installation crew will make sure the surface is clean, dry, level, and prepared for installation.
- Our installers will nail or glue tack strips to hold the carpet in place. Then the pad is laid and secured with staples or glue.
- Seams are then lined up to ensure proper flow, especially if your new carpet features patterns.
- Once lined up properly, our carpet installation professionals will stretch the carpet around the tack strips to ensure proper fit and tension, complying with industry standards so that the carpet will have the best performance for the longest time.
Be sure to check with us about any specific questions or concerns prior to your installation date so we can ensure your home is ready to go on the big day.
Keep Your Carpet Looking Great
While carpet is one of the most low-maintenance flooring options available, there are a few things you’ll want to stay on top of to extend its lifespan and keep it looking great.
- Vacuum at least twice a week (more often in high-traffic areas or homes with pets) to remove dirt and soil that can damage the carpet fibers.
- If possible, avoid wearing shoes in the house. All kinds of dirt and debris can be tracked in, which can lead to carpet fiber damage and staining.
- Clean up spills and other messes immediately using a gentle cloth to blot excess liquid. Finish cleaning up with a quality carpet cleaning spray.
- Consider an annual deep carpet cleaning with a professional service to remove deeply embedded dirt and soil your vacuum may be missing.
When you combine the top-notch carpeting installation from Floor Advisor with routine care and maintenance, your new carpet will provide your home and your family with years of comfort and enjoyment. Contact us today!
We offer standard carpet binding for runners and area rugs. For best possible results, we bind all runners at your home. This allows for a consistent finish based on your requirements. Please contact our store for more information.